1. What is the development and application of science to produce machines and devices for commercial purposes?
2. Managing the resources of our country and how they are produced and consumed is called _____________.
3. An interchange of goods and services between different countries is known as _______________.
4. The United States government funded program that has trained civilian to study and explore space since July 29, 1958 is called _____________________.
a. the Last Frontier
c. AERO Space
5. _________________ was the name of the first Earth-orbiting satellite launched by the Soviets on October 4,1957.
b. Galaxy 14
c. Hubble Space Telescope
6. A vast computer network linking smaller computer networks worldwide is called _________.
a. global commerce
b. the Internet
c. a super computer
7. NASA stands for _______________.
a. National Aeronautics and Space Agency
b. National Aircraft and Science Administration
c. National Aeronautics and Space Administration
8. Computers are smaller and contain more capability than those first introduced in 1940.
9. Renewing or creating more effective products or ways of doing things is called _________.
10. NAFTA is a North American Free Trade Agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
11. NOG stands for Non-governmental organization, which is a non-profit citizen base association created to perform services and humanitarian functions.
12. The cartel of thirteen nations known as Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, which regulates the price and marketing of petroleum is _____________.
13. Which of the following was signed into law by President George W. Bush and stands for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001 as a means to surveillance individuals suspected of terrorism?
a. Patriots of America
b. USA Patriot Act
c. Patriots Against Terrorism
14. ______________ is a federal department that enhances the security of the United States by managing our borders and immigration laws.
a. Border Management
b. Border Patrol
c. Homeland Security
15. The organization based in Geneva, Switzerland that monitors and enforces rules of trade between nations is called _______.
a. World Trade Organization (WTO)
b. World Trade Institution (WTI)
c. World Trade Association (WTA)
16. The political and military alliance that consists of 28 North American and European countries who share democratic values for the purpose of pursuing security and defense is called ___________.
a. Diplomatic Nations Organization (DNO)
b. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
c. Nations for Security and Defense (NSD)