Language Arts: Dangling and Misplaced Modifiers - Lessons
Correct the dangling modifier in each of the sentences below. Then type
the sentences in the spaces provided.
1. While driving down the street, the light at the intersection turned red.
2. After reading the chapter, the meaning is still unclear.
3. Slowly sinking beneath the skyline, we watched the sunset.
4. When trying to lose weight, snacks should be avoided.
Correct the misplaced modifier in each of the sentences below. Then type the sentences in the spaces provided.
1. Jan searched for her hat under the bed that was missing.
2. The singer gave the girl an autograph who had sold a million copies.
3. They saw the baseball game eating hot dogs and peanuts.
4. Steve saw a rabbit in the yard reading a book.
Identify whether the sentences have dangling or misplaced modifiers. Select the correct answer from each drop-down menu. Then type the sentences in the spaces provided.
After cleaning the aquarium, the goldfish swam happily through the castle.
The apple was thrown into the garbage with the brown
Working extra hours at the store, more money was put aside
for a rainy day.
The runner won the race from Kansas.
We heard that the roads were flooded on the radio.
The Answer Key is found in the Some Helpful Tools section at the bottom of this page.