Language Arts: Objects - Lessons
Identify the direct object in each sentence. Type your answers in the spaces provided.
Identify the indirect object in each sentence. Type your answers in the spaces provided.
Identify the object of the preposition in each sentence. Type your answers in the spaces provided.
1. Barry threw rocks into the pond.
2. Mom made a quilted blanket.
3. Ira drove his brother to work.
4. The child found the hidden treasure.
5. Howard saw the zebras at the zoo.
1. Mona threw Spike the frisbee.
2. Sara sent Eric a birthday card.
3. Devon read the class his science fiction essay.
4. Jake bought his little brother a remote control truck.
5. Pam made her junior league softball team chocolate chip cookies.
6. Frank gave Jenn and Marcia tickets to the concert.
7. Mr. Darby sent dinner invitations to all of his neighbors.
8. Aaron wrote a song for Anna.
1. Mom went to the store.
2. The ball rolled across the street.
3. The airplane flew above the clouds.
4. Tammy found her shoes under the bed.
5. John went to sleep during the opening act.
The Answer Key is found in the Some Helpful Tools section at the bottom of this page.